Electrical Panel Upgrades are when you need to remove your old electrical panel and install a new one. If you are replacing your Main Panel, we call them MPU’s. If you are replacing a SubPanel, we call them SPU’s. There are a few differences between a MPU and a SPU, but for now, let’s focus on MPU’s.
Main Panel Upgrade
What is an MPU?
Why Would I Replace An Existing Electrical Panel?
- Our understanding of electricity and its safe use changes over time. New Practices and technology may not be supported in old panels.
- Your existing panel may be a known fire hazard, and should be changed out as soon as possible. You can read more about this here: [coming soon]
- Electrical Panels can only supply their designed maximum amount of power; which is not always enough for additional loads
- Adding on a garage, addition, or even finishing a basement can all add significant power demands to your electrical panel.
- The existing panel may not be compatible or insufficient for backfeeding Solar Power Generation